Thursday, June 11, 2009

tension - never a good thing

I am having so many problems with my knitting tension. I'm usually a tight knitter, and this is apparently not such a good thing for dpn knitting, and my tendency to have a death grip on my working yarn when changing needles in order to prevent ladders is actually causing ladders. Go figure. The really frustrating thing for me at the moment is that I can look at the few rows I knitted yesterday and they were 100% ladder free - apparently I was doing something that I can't seem to replicate now. The knitting I did before yesterday and what I've done today all have clear ladders running down the sole of the sock, and today for the first time, I have ladders on the top of the foot too.

Guess I need to relax, and let the tension flooooow.

And hope that blocking cures all ills.

No comments:

Post a Comment