Tuesday, June 9, 2009

sock progress

I've been a slow knitter lately. I blame it on boredom and a lack of things to watch - I like watching tv or dvds while I knit so I have more to think about than "knit three purl one" over and over endlessly. I got a huge amount of knitting (almost a full scarf's worth) done while watching season 4 of Supernatural, after I saved up all the episodes to watch just before the finale. Since then, I've been lacking. I finally got to the heel turn of my first sock, though!

firstsock

I'm just hoping that when it's done it'll fit Matt's feet. If not, I'm pretty sure it will fit mine. This project has also been a good lesson in fixing twisted stitches and other mistakes.

Admittedly, most of the work took place yesterday, when I knit about two inches of the six inch cuff/leg, and then moved on to the heel. I found that my hands really started to hurt, much more than they do when I just knit a scarf or something. I'm not sure if it's the metal dpns, since I usually use Harmony wood for everything, or just the small circumference and tight knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment